Sunday, February 08, 2009

E. T.

The Extra-Terrestrial. How many times have you seen this movie? I LOVED E.T. as a child...watched it over and over. I remember studying the flowers in theater arts...my teacher was trying to teach symbolism and foreshadowing. The flowers wilting represented the amount of time E.T. had left to live. Heavy stuff:). We recorded it off of television for Bishop to watch and have been sitting here watching it for the last hour. Funny what you notice now...as an adult. The mom is a struggling single mom...worried about money and her kids....too stressed and busy to notice an alien living with them. In the beginning she is told her husband is in Mexico with his girlfriend and she begins to cry and gets upset because he "hates Mexico." I just found it interesting...maybe I should watch more of the movies I watched as a child. The same things my kids don't understand about Shrek, I guess I didn't understand about E.T. and the Muppets. I wonder what I would get out of Dirty Dancing these days...:).

LOL...we are halfway through the movie and the mom just started grumbling about Mexico again. It just goes to show...no matter the decade, no matter the reason, the who, what, when, where, why, how, how much, how little....being a single mom is a challenge. Be extra nice to them...

No comments: