Thursday, April 30, 2009

Don't you hate it when you realize your kids are smarter than you?!

Example:

I was running late this morning (I know...HUGE shocker:). I got Shayden buckled in the car, got it started, realized I couldn't find my cell phone (another big shocker...shut up:). I dig through my purse, look under the seats, and turn to Shay and say, "I have to run back in, I can't find my phone...I'll be right back." She looks at me inquizzatively and nods. I sprint back in the house and run around like a mad woman but find no phone. I decide to try calling it from the house phone...yes, I know I should have done that first....my brain is FOGGY in the mornings. It rings and rings and I hear no phone. I decide to see if maybe I missed it in my purse...I mean, I don't think I WOULD but ya never know:). I throw open the car door only to hear Shayden say in a very mature voice, "Your phone is in the CAR, mommy."

"How do you know, Shayden?"

"It was RINGING."

"oh."

One of those...duh moments...it was all very comical except for the fact that I was 15 minutes late.

TGIF friends...try to steer clear of the swine flu...

No comments: