Wednesday, April 29, 2009

When all else fails....

I have been becoming increasingly worried about this whole swine flu thing. I know in my heart that most of the panic being created is just due to the media being out of control but the mom in me has moments of, "but, what if?" Part of me says...whatever...it's the flu, the other half wants to keep my kids home and plan a two week homebound vacation (that doesn't sound too bad anyways:). I have read a lot of other blogs and posts and I know that many of us are concerned...but I am trying to practice what I preach to my kids everyday...it your knees. PRAY. The past couple of nights I have just laid down with them and talked to God specifically about this flu...please protect us, keep us healthy. Please be with our nation and help the virus to remain mild. When you close your eyes tonight...try it...I promise God will give you the peace that you are seeking. God is constantly whispering in my ears that He is always with me...and I know that He is...

Tonight on one of the radio stations they are talking about moms...how wonderful they are. I have always thought my mom is pretty bad ass...she is an amazing woman. And then I think about getting to BE a mom and I am completely humbled. I often don't feel worthy of being a mom...I am a mommy failure a lot. But I think back and realize that that is just part of being a mom...we learn as we go. I look at my kids and realize I would stand before a firing squad or walk thru fire for them and it is nice to know that MY mom would still do the same for me...God is awesome....

No comments: