1) Women's swimwear is a disaster. Why have swimsuit manufacturer's failed to realize that women's suits need SUPPORT?! We spend WAY too much on bra's that lift and support and keep in place...why can't swimsuits provide a little of that?? Call me crazy but we need a little MORE support when swimming, running after toddlers, and laying out in the sun. GET WITH IT designers! There are a FEW companies that offer suits that offer good swimwear but by looking around the room...not enough:)
2) Waterparks are fun...no doubt about it. So fun that we forget how awful we look...lol. But chasing around 2 kids at a waterpark...I may never recover.
3) I got to go down to the lobby with Shayden for storytime. (With a wolf named Wiley which I think is silly because Wiley was a coyote but that isn't the point.) It was perfect. The story was okay, the show they provide is mediocre at best...but looking around the room at 200 sleepy eyed toddlers with their mommies...that was priceless. Working at a midde school allows you to see very little innocence...that room was full of innocence. It overwhelmed to the point of tears. The world needs to find a way back to that...
4) Completely contradictory to that...I saw 13 year old girls walking around in bikini's that left little to the imagination and fake "tramp stamp" tattoos on their back. What happens between 6 and 12 and how do I keep my daughter from falling into that trap? I know she will test the waters and want to grow up but come on...why do tweens want to be SO sexy?? I despise the media and pop stars for making that the norm. And I despise parents for falling into the trap and accepting it. UGH
5) Great Wolf Lodge is worth the money. When you are booking it and see how much it costs...you silently (or NOT so silently:) wonder if that is a bit extravagent for one night. IT IS. Hands down...without a doubt. Go as a family...you spend two days with nothing but family activities in a hotel aimed at kids...no laundry, no bills hanging over your head, nothing but precious time together...these memories will last a lifetime.
We had a blast...I will post pics as soon as I get them uploaded...
4 months ago