Monday, October 29, 2007

Mini Van Mama

I don't think I make a great mini van mom. Stop right there. What was the stereotype that came to mind when you read the words, "mini van?" You saw polyester blends, no makeup, and bad music didn't you? And you would expect me to tell you my kid is perfect. Well, I don't fall into that. I wear trendy clothes, I wear make up, AND I listen to Loudacris & Lynard Skynard on my radio. And I am here to tell you my kids are FAR from perfect...I just love them anyways. The point is...I was not meant to drive a mini van because the other mini van mom in the carpool line CANNOT understand where to pull up to. I beat her there today because I had donuts for Bishop's class (see...I rock:)! I pulled ALL the way around just like the SIGN SAYS! She showed up and pulled half way around & stopped...she didn't even pull up behind my car. WTF?!?!?!
I think I forgot to mention on my blog that the other day I was having a rough day. The day my wallet went missing. Minivan mom on a power trip was doing like normal & not pulling around. I got out of my car & asked her to move....I was nice, but I told her we were supposed to pull ALL the way around...just like the sign says:). Apparantly it did no good....
Mini van moms have clean cars...mine is a DISASTER. Mini van moms don't jam to vanilla ice just to watch their one year old dance in the backseat. I just don't fit in & I am afraid I never will...
Guess I'll have to get a hummer...:)
Just kidding...

2 comments:

Renee said...

Um, said minivan mom needs to get a clue. And, I think you fit into motherhood just perfectly!

Homegrown Tribe said...

I just found your blog off of LaShawns... and thought this post was too funny, I just had to comment. I hear ya on the mom's that just don't get pick-up. I swear some people are just plain dumb. And the whole not a mini-van mom. I said I would NEVER drive a mini-van because it wasn't cool and just wasn't me. Well... what do you know... I drive a Honda and actually *gasp* love it. But I still don't claim to be a 'mini-van' mom.

Have a great night!

Brittany