Tuesday, November 08, 2005

158

158 is one of our new favorite numbers...it is the heartrate of our new little one. We went to the doctor on Monday for a second sonogram & we got to see the baby. It is REALLY small & the only thing you can distinguish at this point is that it has a head & a body. But that was enough for us....I think we finally "feel" pregnant. I mean we KNEW in our heads that I was pregnant...I have been sick & SO tired but it was hard to feel it in our hearts without seeing it since from day one with Bishop we could see a WHOLE baby. During this sonogram we were actually able to HEAR the heartbeat on the sonogram machine...it was a BEAUTIFUL sound. It was like a weight was lifted. Bishop didn't get to go in this time so when we walked out I showed him the new pictures of the baby. He looked at the blurry images & looked at me & said, "that's not MY baby:)." I think he is worried his baby will have no face. He is still excited though. He even drug out the baby that he has not even looked at in many many months & began to hold her. We wrapped her in a blanket & he showed ME how to rock a baby. It has been fun watching him try to figure it all out.
So...our family is growing. We are very excited and a little apprehensive too. I know that we have enough love in our hearts for 15 kids but do we have enough patience for even just 2:)?!?! I know that it will be wonderful...I know that Bishop will be a GREAT big brother...he may ornery but he is the sweetest little boy on the planet. He wants his new baby to sleep with him & he says he is ready to share his toys & his Shadow & even his Nana & Papa. I know Brad is a great dad & he is ready to take the time to do the baby thing. I worry about my time & commitments & how good I will be with two....one is already a LOT:)!!! I know that God gave us this child for a reason...he gave us Bishop & we weren't sure what to do with him either:). We prayed about trying & before we could we had a baby on the way. God has a plan & I am excited to watch it unfold. God is awesome!! Ok...I am EXAUSTED so I am going to bed.....HAVE A GReAT WEDNESDAY....the week is half over:)!!

4 comments:

Summer said...

I am so excited for you and Brad. This baby is going to bring so much to your lives. If it's any consolation, I cried myself to sleep several times when I was pregnant with Landon because I just didn't think it was possible for me to love another baby the way I loved my first born, Dalton. I loved Linzy too but I didn't give birth to her so it was a different kind of love. I felt so guilty because I just knew that this unborn baby was not going to get the attention that he would need and deserve from his mommy. Boy, was I wrong!! Landon entered this world, all 9 lbs 4 ozs of him, and he owned all of us immediately. I pray that I never face a day when I have to choose between my children because it would be impossible. "She" is going to rule your world! He he!
Still thinking pink....

Kerri said...

Isn't it amazing to hear that heartbeat for the first time? I understand what you mean about now feeling for sure it's the real deal. We were the same way because I wasn't sick at all, so it really didn't seem like I was pregnant. But, it's so wonderful to hear that racing sound and know there is indeed a little one growing inside of you. We are so excited for you and know without a doubt the Lord will give you all you need to handle whatever comes your way....we're still hoping for a girl, too. Kenzie and Kendra need some more girl cousins! =)

LaShawn said...

YAY for heartbeats!!! Such a lovely thing!

Jennifer said...

I am so excited for all three of ya'll!! I haven't seen or heard one of my own babies heartbeats yet, but I've gone to friends doctors appt. and heard them and that was AMAZING!!