Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving?!?!?

Is it really almost Thanksgiving?!?!?!? I cannot believe that it is THURSDAY! It just snuck up this year. That means Christmas will follow shortly....wow?!? How is another year already almost over?

I am not as excited about Thanksgiving....I mean I am excited to see everyone & of course, being pregos....I am VERY excited about all the food:) but we are having it here this year. We usually all load up & go to Oklahoma....to my grandparents, & to our farm. I LOVE our farm & I love my grandparenst home....something about it will ALWAYS be home! I guess that it is the the one place that has remained constant in my life....my grandparents have not moved since 1969. We have moved numerous times & my parents home will always be another "home" but not like Altus. I pull into town & am just taken back....I almost breath a sigh of relief when we hit the city limits...it is a GREAT feeling. All of my family is there & my fav places to eat & be. I love going to the resevoir to feed the ducks & taking Bishop to the park. I could go on...I am just a little sad that we are doing it here this year, that's all. But we will be HOME for Christmas...yea!!!

So....I guess I got off topic a little bit...I miss home:)!! I am just amazed that is is Thanksgiving. I am decorated for Christmas already so I guess my little brain just forgot about it. I think I am supposed to make devil eggs...I always do those. And I make them funny colors so people will be scared to eat them. My mother threatened me this year though....NO COLORS!! We'll see...............:)

Well alrighty friends....I guess HAPPY THANKSGIVING is in order. I hope that everyone has safe travels & a wonderful holiday!! We have much to be thankful for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So sorry that you can't go "home" for Thanksgiving. I'm cooking for the first time ever, so I'm really excited. I finally got Billy to Blog. He's at www.billygrube.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. We need to get together again soon.