Wednesday, August 17, 2005

GO BRAVES!!!

Okay...so today I am obviously going to blog about the baseball games that we got to attend while in Georgia. Now those of you who know me know that I am NOT a sports fan...unless you count dancing & then you're on. But on vacation, we had the opportunity to attend TWO Braves games & being the good wife that I am...I went along without complaint. The first one turned out to be awesome. Somebody Tammy knew got us seats to a suite with beer, food, & AIR CONDITIONING!!!! And the suite was directly behind home plate. THAT is the way to watch baseball or so I thought at the time. We had a lot of fun & Bishop was with a babysitter so we had some adult time which was nice.
The second game we went to (the one I was not excited about becaues it was in the heat of the day) was Saturday at 1:30. I was amazed at how quickly my attitude changed! We walked in & they handed us a free Braves picture frame (those who know how cheap I am will appreciate my excitement at that:)! And you walk a little ways & there is this amazing drum line that is SO loud that you can't help but get excited! Bishop loved it...I got a great picture at him & Gammy watching them. We walked around a little more and ther is just excitement & amazing energy EVERYWHERE!!! These people are excited!! You can't help but feel pumped. So we went & sat down for a while & watched the game. Bishop was sort of interested but not really. Kiki took him for a walk & Gammy introduced him to some people so that gave me a nice little break. Around the 5th inning I took him to the childrens area which unlike Ameriquest field is free. He got to play on the playground & play on a mini baseball field...it was a great way to break up the game. After that we went & sat down for a little bit & then went up to the top of the stadium to let him "run the bases." They have an area sat aside for the kids to run the bases & Bish loved that! All in all, it was a FUN day!! So, Gammy & Dave, I was a cynic but I now understand why you guys love the Braves so much. I think that if our stadium was half as exciting as the Braves, I would be a Ranger fan. So...ther ya go...Shana likes the Braves:)!!!

No comments: