Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Zoo Atlanta

Today I am going to blog about the zoo. I'm not sure that there is much to say about the zoo...everyone has been to one. I LOVE zoo's!! I'm not sure why....I guess I am just an animal lover. Zoo's fascinate me no matter how many times I go. As a child, when asked where I wanted to go on vacation, the answer was always, "the zoo." And my parents being the wonderful parents that they are always took me to the zoo. I bet we can't even count how many zoo's hat we have been too...Ft. Worth, Oklahoma City, San Diego, National, & countless others. And that doesn't even count wilflife refuges & ridiculous alligator farms & bird paradises:)! So, thank you mom & dad & now gammy for allowing visits to the zoo:)!!

Zoo Atlanta isn't very big but it has something that mos other zoo's do not have...PANDA BEARS!!! I am not sure why I love panda's either...it's not like I have ever seen one before now...but I have always loved them. They are beautiful! Maybe a little on the non-active side, but beautiful just the same. I get the impression that they are a lot like Shelah, lazy & sometimes they forget that they have legs & can move:)! Bishop loved it, of course! Sissy gave him a camera before we left so that he could take his OWN pictures at the zoo. That was a trip!! He loved it though....he NEVER forgot about his camera! He knew that HE was supposed to take pictures of the animals & he did! We got them developed yesterday & he cried when he found out that the lady behind the counter was going to keep the camera & all he got was the pictures back:)!! His pictures are interesting...shall we call them, "artsy?!?" I think he got one shot of a whole bird! It is really neat to see the world through his eyes! We'll have to do it again & I would highly recommend it for other kids...just one camera & see what they get. Someday when he is a famous photographer we'll frame these for the studio walls!

I think Brad even enjoyed the zoo...I know Gammy did...she hadn't been yet either! She took lots of pictures of the animals so we could make Bish a slideshow...he loves looking at pictures & he loves slideshows on the computer! W

No comments: