Friday, February 02, 2007

Challenge accepted....a LITTLE late...

***I decided to join Shawnee in yet another blogging adventure...a blog & picture a day for the entire month of February. I love to blog...it helps me de-stress so maybe this will get me back to the computer. HOWEVER, I did not realize yesterday was the first....my apoligies for being a slacker. I WILL blog twice today to make up for it...***
I want to clarify something. I AM A STAY-AT-HOME MOM. I am not a stay-at-home housewife or chef or babysitter....I am a MOM. We chose for me to stay home with our kids...it is what was best for us. Does that mean I want to keep someone else's kids in my home for some extra money...NO it does not. Please do not assume I want to earn extra income by keeping your snotty little kids....my sanity is not worth the money you will pay me, I have two snotty kids of my own:). Does staying home indicate that my house will be clean...NOPE. My job is to take care of my children...feed them, dress them, play with them, make sure they are still breathing when daddy gets home:). If that allows time to pick up then I will. I assure you that most days time does not allow for such luxeries:). ( You are probably thinking that if I wasn't on the computer blogging that I could get more done...don't lie...it occured to you:). But state law demands that I get a 15 minute break every 4 hours & a 30 minute lunch break for every 8...and I am on the job 24 hours a day so I use the computer in my allotted breaks....so THERE:)!!! Does staying home mean that Brad will have a three course dinner ready every night when he gets home...NO again. (Are you catching on?:) I still have the same two kids to take care of at 5 o'clock when I need to start preparing dinner. I can usually get Shayden to play for about 5 minutes to start but that does not leave time for anything all that complex.
Since I have all of that off my chest, I thought I should come up with my own job description...


MY JOB DESCRIPTION


1. To love & nurture my kids so that they may turn into Christ like, God fearing & responisble upstanding citizens. (And you thought YOUR job was hard!)


2. To tote above children around to their various activities...preschool, Small Fry Club, birthday parties, various playdates...


3. To buy all necessary supplies to sustain above children & their parents. (i.e. grocery shopping)


4. To ensure the safety of the above children at ALL times...24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This requires eyes in the back of my head, 6 arms, 4 legs, and a WHOLE pack of Heavenly angels sent to surround them:!!


5. To help clean & pick up the house when I can...(this is something that doesn't happen often...I can admit to that.)


6. To buy all gifts for various holidays, birthdays, and events. I must see that they get wrapped & delivered promptly.


7. I must complete all tasks for my small part time job outside of the home...emails, phone calls, shopping, planning, creating letters...


8. I must clean the kitchen...I can't stand a dirty kitchen (thought if you saw it right now you would call me a liar) & Brad & I part ways on the definition of clean in the kitchen.


9. To making sure that everyone in my household is fed at the apprpriate times...this includes the dogs (not the fish seeing as we have already killed all 9!)


10. To keep the laundry done...Brad doesn't even know where the laundry room is. You can take one look at my bathroom floor and realize that.


But for the record....I am a DEPERATE HOUSEMOM:)!!!


Go find out which desperate housewife you are:

3 comments:

LaShawn said...

I am standing up clapping wildy....can you see?

Lindsey D. said...

I am copying and pasting this so I can print it and put it on my fridge. You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am with you all the way!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

wow i had no idea that was what your job description entailed. I guess that since that is all that you have going on there is time to add some more work...