Sunday, February 18, 2007

Home at last...

It was a WONDERFUL weekend. The kids & I had a good trip down there...I think it was my first time to drive alone outside of the city in 5 years....I was proud. I used to do it all the time but have become spoiled to having a HOT driver named Brad:). When I got there, my Papa was MIA (I didn't tell him I would be there early) so we went & got Katie & had dinner at our fav restaurant, Benny's. YUM! I also got to see the nursery in person & it is TOO precious. It looks SO good...it is also READY FOR A BABY!!! Shyanne needs to hurry this along:). After dinner, we went back to Papa's house & just hung out until he got home & Brad & my parents made it. When Papa came in, he paused at the door to take in the state of his home. Katie in her pj's on one chair, me in mine in another, Bishop & Shayden on the floor playing & our stuff everywhere. He is the greatest because he just busted into a smile & said, "Isnt' this nice to come home too." It was totally sincere & is just one more reason I LOVE Oklahoma...& I love Oklahoma because of my wonderful family!!! On Saturday, we did some shopping at the local shops & just hung out at the house. We left around noon today & went home through Lawton. The Extreme Makeover Home Edition is doing a house there so we drove by to check it out. We couldn't get too close but were amazed at all the people invovled...total choas:)!! We stopped in Decatur to eat & tell my parents bye. It was a good weekend...nothing too exciting or fabulous, but what life is truly all about. I can't wait to go back....

I will try to post some pictures soon...I am lazy & hate trying to do it on the laptop. My computer is going to the shop this week though....YEA!!!!

1 comment:

Lindsey D. said...

I really wish that I could have seen you:( I promise that I won't miss you next time.