Monday, July 18, 2005

Our trip to Altus

Well, Bishop & I have had a LONG weekend & you could tell that right now if you were sitting here listening to him WHINE like I am?!?!?! Okay...sorry. He has just been a little whiny this weekened, I'm sure because he hasn't felt well but I am going CRAZY!!!! Thursday, after work, we drove to mom's so that we could go gargage saleing on Friday morning...we had planned to do that a lot this summer but here it is the middle of July & we haven't yet. We woke up to rain on Friday morning so our garage sale fun was cancelled. Instead we just got on the road to Altus. We stopped in Wichita Falls & grabbed a bite to eat & then hit the road again. We got to Altus around 3 & got to hang out with Mama. We finally got rid of her & Papa for a minute so we could get all of her birthday stuff out & surprise her. And boy did we!! She had NO idea. It wasn't anything big but it was a surprise so that was fun! The last picture is of her & Bish with her cake. I think that she had a good time.
On Saturday we got up & went to a few garage sales with my aunt Do while Mama & Papa went to a funeral. That's where the picture with the Statue of Liberty came from...some random yard:)! I figured that might be the closest we get to having Bishop's picture taken with it:)!! After that we had lunch & went to pick up the remains of our dear longhorn, Ms. Wichita. We had her for several years but she had hurt her leg & when Papa tried to load her in the trailer, she charged him. He was not hurt, thank God!!! He took her to the vet & he didn't have a chute that could hold her (the horns...) so Papa decided to just bring her to Altus & make her into hamburgers. It is kind of sad but not when you consider what COULD have happened. He might have gotten her home & she would never have done that again...but he just can't take that chance. Needless to say, we have enough hamburger meat for a WHILE!!! After that, we headed home. We made one more stop in Henrietta to drop off a wedding gift & I got to see the bride (her wedding was Sat. night:)!! I am SO glad...she showed me the church & the reception site & I even got to sample the food:)!! I couldn't stay because Bish was still not feeling good & I'm glad I got to see everything but it made me REALLY sad that I couldn't go. I got to see some old friends briefly & that made me sad too:)!! Mary-it looked beautiful...I'm sure that it WAS beautiful. I am so sorry that I couldn't stay!! We'll be praying for the move! (this is really long & boring...sorry!) We finally made it home ( I hate TRAFFIC!!) & did not much else. We got up this morning & went to church & then played games & hung out. We did get Bishop's new shelves here & finally got his playroom cleaned up so he can destroy it again!!! I better run....Brad & I need to catch up on Big Brother!!!

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalms

Happy Monday!!

Side note: Thank you MOM for being SO wonderful!! Thank you for keeping Bishop Thursday & for offering this week. You are amazing & I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome and I love keeeping my grandson - ANYTIME!