Saturday, July 02, 2005

Bishop & Shadow

Now I know that I have talked about how good of friends Bishop & Shadow are at some point in one of the blogs...I think. If not..they are just like brothers, they play, they fight, & then they lay down & take naps together. Shadow would probably sleep with Bish at night if he were allowed in the bedroom. I know they must act like brothers because some days one of them will not want to play with the other & then one will get mad...Bishop will cry that "Shadow won't let him hold him," or Shadow will attempt to bite Bishop (not really, but he will act like it.) He has actually bitten Bish twice (not hard enough to break the skin just hard enough to get his attention) but this was after much leg & ear pulling. On car trips Bishop will BEG for Shadow to sit in his lap. Well, tonight Shadow had to go home with Summer & family because we are going to Arkansas & can't take him with us (more on that trip later:). I tried to sneak him out but Bishop caught on. As I was placing Shadow into Linzy's lap in the car, I heard the front door open. By the time I got up to our walkway (a fancy work for concrete blocks, huh?!:) Bishop was crying, "I want my Shadow...Shadow...go get my Shadow." It was all I could do not to cry & yell for them to come back...it absolutely broke my heart. We came back inside & he would calm down for a second & then start saying that we needed to go back outside & get him. It was heart wrenching. I finally set down with Bish & explained that Shadow couldn't go with us & that he went over to Summer's to play with his friends (she has 4 dogs at her house right now). I told him we would go get him a special present & give it to him when we pick him up on Monday. This seemed to sooth things over(presents always do, right?!) so now we must get Shadow something special. Ah...the things we learn as we go along, eh?!?! I just had to share that story...melts my heart & mkes me want to cry but goes to show that we are teaching the child about the "greatest of these"...LOVE!!! Have a GREAT night all!!

1 comment:

Summer said...

Tell Bishop that we will take very good care of Shadow and he is having fun with his "friends". You guys be careful on your trip.
Love ya!